Monday, January 5, 2009

This time it is for real

Needless to say the two cycles of IUIs didn't work. Finally, after a holiday hiatus, I am back in the ring to take another swing. Come on hit me with your best shot.

Mysterious bleeding started on day 20 of OCP. Very unusual. Also tracked my BBT. It was over 98 for the past 20 days. Part of this may be due to illness. But then two days ago temperature dropped. Very strange. It is as if I went through an ovulation cycle (even though I know that is not possible). Granted I had a few days of antibiotics but I don't think it could have completely abrogated the OCP.

Went in today for a whole round of repeat tests. Yes, I have been doing this for over a year now. Got a pap, blood work for STDs, and an US. The little ovaries picked up their pace a bit. lefty had a least 5 antrals and righty had 4. Yippee! That is the most so far. Things are already looking up.

I am going to be on the Lupron flare protocol. Apparently, because I was totally suppressed last time, we will try a gentler, kinder approach. Remember last time I had zippo ER and had a cancelled cycle. Then 13 days later I had two huge follicles, and I underwent an IUI procedure. It obviously didn't work, but I think it just goes to show that I was over suppressed.

I start Lupron in two days. Only this time I am getting two injections a day. One in the morning and one at night. Then two days later I pull out the big guns.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hello! I wanted to say thank you for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. I start stims saturday, so we are definitely cycling together! Good luck with this new protocol- I read up on it a bit and everywhere I read "one of the most effective"-- so, wishing you all the best and hoping it goes very well. I'll definitely stop in and see how you're doing.

bb said...

Just wanted to say HI! I found you on cycle sistas and wanted to say GOOD LUCK this cycle. I hope this is a great one for all of us.

Kahla said...

Wishing you lots of luck for this cycle!