Monday, January 19, 2009

Low stress, only positive vibes

I am going to try a new approach. If I want my baby to be happy and well adjusted, I should be that as well. For the next two weeks (hey I don't know how long I can really pull it off), I am going to be filled with positivity, hope, joy, and love. I am going to be thankful for all of the good things and recognize that the bad things are not so bad. I will try to "not sweat the small stuff." Cortisol and norepinephrine can't be that beneficial for someone with hormones raging through their body so I am just going to relax. Go to be early. Enjoy my cup of decaf coffee every morning and pet the puppy butt.

Oh, about the puppy butt. I have a lab/greyhound mix that we got from the pound 6.5 years ago. She has been with me through thick and thin and she is a constant source of joy and amazement to me. OK, maybe I am laying it on a bit thick, but really she has always been there and she does make me smile every time I look at her. Any way, she loves to get her butt scratched. And she is so happy when it occurs. I now consider it a therapy for me. Scratching, petting, or even just touching the puppy butt makes me happy, because I know she is there and that she gives me unconditional love.

If you are having a bad day I recommend puppy butt therapy. It inexpensive, simple to use, and renewable.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Is egg retrieval happening for you tomorrow Maredsous? What time? I will send warm successful wishes your way. Mine *might* be thursday or friday. We'll see.. Good luck and good luck with the happy thoughts. That is a great attitude. Please post a pic of the puppy sometime.

Sarah said...

i am certain dogs have some kind of magical ability to suck away bad feelings and fill us with happiness. my pound puppy is the same way. lots of positive vibes to you!!

Kate said...

me again,
I did the trigger subQ and they won't see me until the retrieval so they must just go on faith that it is going to do what it needs to. Good luck tomorrow morning, I'll be thinking of you. I wish you all the best on your trip too-- be gentle with yourself though, ok? I hear these retrievals have discomfort that is most often like big big menstrual cramps. Also--it is freaky to experience but the sedation is sort of like getting suddenly sleepy and then waking and it is over. They'll take good care of you.

And yes, even with my few follicles, I am AWARE of my ovaries. Best of luck tomorrow- and I look forward to hearing how things went when you check back in.

Faith said...

Ah, puppy therapy. Such a beautiful thing.

bb said...

I hope your retrieval went very well.

And puppy butts. Made me laugh and I needed it! LOVE IT! My dog certainly does offer comfort too, I really should rely on her more often for it.

Thinking of you!

Kate said...

me again, thank you for your sweet comment about my shitty news. icantwhistle at yahoo dot com is my actual email if you'd like to talk more privately.
Hoping you are ok-

Sarah said...

hey, i tried to reply to your comment/lupron question on my blog but didn't have your email. then i saw your comment on mekate's blog. i'm so sorry, that really sucks. and so frustrating to not only have the disappointment of a cycle that doesn't work, but to feel like it didn't even get a real shot.

you're lupron question makes more sense now and i guess knowing what happened the best answer i coudl give is it's definitely something you should ask your RE about. as for my protocol, i was on the standard 20iu for about 9 days until starting stims, then dropped to 5iu/day. when my response was not so hot on stim day 4, they dropped the lupron altogether, although in my previous cycle i stayed on it until trigger. as i'm sure you know, it supresses the FSH and LH to prevent ovulation before retrieval, but for many of us who do not have a strong response that extra supression isn't necessary. definitely ask your RE if he would follow the same protocol with lupron next time and why. there may be a good reason to keep on it, but this is definitely a maddening time to have unanswered questions. sorry to hijack your comments, i hope you get some answers.