Friday, January 16, 2009

Then hope floats away

Well, I almost broke down in tears at work today. 4 crummy follicles 14, 12.5, 12 and 11.5. E2 was 550. I don't know. Everyone seemed happy about this. I on the other hand feel like a broken women. Just crumble me up and throw me in the trash. Most likely I will do the HCG shot on Sunday (if they decide to continue with this cycle). Why couldn't it have been 6? then it would be a no brainer, but 4. I know it only takes one, but I do this for a living in mice and I know darn well it is a numbers game. The more you start with the more you get in the end.

4 comments:

Joannah said...

I'm so sorry. I hope one or two of those follicles will be the child or children you long for.

Kate said...

Oh Maredsous,
I totally get it. As you know, I have 5. My E2 was 616 friday. I just wanted you to know I am thinking about you. I figure, if they don't want me to do IVF this cycle, then I'll convert to IUI. Hang in there. I am truly pulling for you-- Try to be gentle with yourself. Hate the whole numbers game. It truly sucks rocks.

Sarah said...

oh i'm so sorry! i HATE how this process can put even the strongest of us on the verge of a breakdown, it is so unfair to have to get news like that while you're supposed to be going about your workday.

i have found though that when they were measuring that small (below 15), they often hadn't found all mine yet. fingers crossed here that more are lurking in there, and at least one will go the distance!

bb said...

I agree with Sarah, maybe they haven't found them all yet. Hopefully you might have a few stragglers to add to the bunch. Sorry it isn't turning out the way you had hoped, but we are all pulling for you!