Sunday, October 12, 2008

Second day of injections

Today's injections went a little more smoothly than yesterday. I still forgot to add the Lupron to the Menopur so I had to stick myself 3 times today.

I feel like I am injecting myself with liquid gold with the Follistim. One would think that for recombinant proteins it should be less expensive.

I still can't get over the fact that I am sticking myself with needles.

I wonder how much these hormones affect your mood. I have been a total wreck. Lets list all of the things that I have gotten upset over.

Friday-- Went for U/S and practice transfer. Only 4 antral follicles. Then practice transfer did not work. My uterus is too tipped. Now, I have to go through the procedure again on Thursday. Ask RE why even begin any of these things if I am only starting with 4 follicles. He said there might be more and that the stimulation might increase the numbers. Sometimes I feel like they are doing all of this just for practice. It is a new clinic and they don't have a lot of clientele. I get a lot of personalized attention, but sometimes worry that they are not as experienced as they should be.

Met with my boss for a quick and fun science meeting. He said some things that insinuated that my job was in jeopardy. I got completely upset and had to leave the meeting in tears.

DH did not call the puppy adoption place to say that we had to return the cutest little thing ever. When I found that out, I hung up on him. I ask him to do one thing to make my stress levels go down, and he didn't even do that.

Saturday--Maredsous, the puppy poo, does not get along with our new puppy, Sierra Nevada. This means we had to give her back. I was so upset. She was perfect. Partially house trained, energetic, loving, playful, and obedient. Best of all she was undeniably cute. Springer Spaniel mix. I didn't want to give her back, but Maredsous was constantly on edge. Hence, I was constantly on edge. I balled all day. My eyes were so puffy I had to wear a baseball cap to return her. I am still pretty upset.

Then today when DH I called I just lost it and told him I felt as if it didn't even matter if we are married. This weekend I felt so alone and he was off mountain biking in Lake Tahoe with his friend G. Granted he has a meeting there, and supposedly I couldn't go. Though looking at the calendar now, I totally could have gone.

Anyway, this all is just to show that I have been extremely moody.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I found your blog on Cyclecista - I'm going through my first cycle too but using DE. I am totally amazed I can stab myself with a needle (although a small one!). Hopefully DH will be doing the PIO shots, but he tends to REALLY hate shots. I told him this was the only unpleasant thing he had to do in the whole process so he better get over that. We'll see!

Sorry you are so hormonal - I bet you will find that some days you are really up to make up for those really depressing days. At least that seems to be how I am, our bodies all react to the drugs differently. Good luck on your journey!

Maredsous said...

Thanks for the note. I already feel much better these past couple of days.