Thursday, October 16, 2008

Really optimistic then crash

I am heart broken. I went in for U/S. Had seven-eight follicles in "lazy" (my left ovary that only has usually 1 antral follicle). So you say great, what are you complaining about. Got my estradiol results....37. Huge sinking feeling that makes me want to break down into tears. OK, then you say, but there are always DE. Well, as it turns out I apparently have stenosis of my cervix. What the **** is this. Nobody mentioned this could be a complication. So the RE can't even put a catheter in me. He has tried twice. This means even an IUI could prove to be difficult. They might have to dilate my cervix somehow or stitch it so it stays open. Don't ask me, I wasn't paying that much attention. I am concerned now that possibly I should have gone with the more experienced RE. Apparently, they will be called in for consultation.

Really and truly on the verge of tears. Better get back to work so that I can go home and wallow in silent misery. DH has been on a trip and should come back some time tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you are having this problem - I think I would try to get the other RE (are there 2 in the office?) My innards are so weird I seem to automatically get the most senior person; I remember once they kept bringing in more people to look (they did ask, but I didn't feel like I could say no since I was all stirruped and I just wanted to disappear)

I'm sure if you get the right doc they will find a way to get you knocked up!

Maredsous said...

You are going through donor egg program right now, aren't you? I don't know if I am giving up too soon. I keep trying to find additional information about when cycles should be cancelled and have not found any information. I had 7 follicles (very small) but doesn't that mean something if there was only one detectable antral follicle. What is a slow responder? Could you have not response for 6 days and all of a sudden get a response?